»

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Burston's Ponds

This weekend we went to Burston's Ponds (a number of ponds where you can camp). It was just nice to get away from everything, job, kids, city and the only question I had to deal with was "should I go swimming now, or wait until after I finish my soda here in the shade?". I was able to convince my wife into coming even though she initially protested and may have preferred to work on cleaning the house or her writings. I think she even had some fun getting away for a minute. I personally would have liked the trip to last a little longer than the Thursday night through Saturday afternoon, but the world can only survive so long with out me and her in it :P . My two brothers (Jer and Nick) were there with spouses, friends and Mom and Dad. It turned out to be quite fun. We had the traditional fire at night roasting marshmallows and smores as we just talked and joked with each other. It was just nice to have no commitments for a day or two. Then Saturday it was back to the real world (a whole different story...ugh). I enjoyed this time I had under the starry night sky, cool breeze, and refreshing swims while I had the chance. The skies were so blue and clouds so white in the day. There was a calming quietness with only sounds such as dragonfly’s and trees rustling in the breeze that seemed to relax the inner self. That is what I did this weekend.............. wish you had been there!

Burston's

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun. It sounds like you had a blast. Are we all getting together on the 23rd for a little family fun. I am really excited to see everyone so I hope so.